Assistant Content Editor, Telegraph Travel
The Assistant Content Editor will assist with the production of digital travel content, primarily Telegraph Travel’s hotel reviews and destination guides.
- To understand and seek to set a high standard of quality in the production of pages online.
- To build and update online travel pages, such as hotel reviews and destination guides.
- To work with a range of writers and contributors, editing and managing their copy.
- To generate ideas which will enable Travel to meet its traffic and commercial targets.
- To help identify gaps in coverage to meet the needs of the traveller.
- Support the Content Editors, Deputy Hotels Editor and Assistant Head of Travel Editorial, Evergreen in planning and generating new content, updating and improving existing content and working with other departments to ensure cross-promotion.
- To find news ways/ideas to drive engagement with travel content, with a particular focus on social media.
Specific requirements & skills
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience of planning new content and improving existing content.
- Able to edit, check and publish copy, source imagery/video, create landing pages.
- Able to examine and interpret analytical tools.
- Demonstrate a clear understand of SEO-optimised copy.
- Experience of travel, travel news and consumer trends – ideally you will have begun to develop contacts with experts/writers.
- Knowledge of travel and able to demonstrate understanding of when and why people book and what they want to read.
- Must understand the importance of harnessing social channels to drive engagement.