at South Wales Police
The communications department are looking for a communications officer to cover a period of maternity leave. We are looking for an exceptional communicator who will be part of a team working on our internal and external communication. This could be dealing with marketing campaigns, being responsible for our social media channels. You will be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and contractors, and continue to champion our communications.
Main responsibilities of role:
- Communicate our work through South Wales Police’s platforms- primarily the external website; intranet and social media channels;
- Help devise communication plans, integrating activity across arange of channels and ensure that communication activity is ongoing, open and clear;
- Work alongside others in the communication department to support their communication activity and campaigns;
- Develop and agree messages, measurement and communication approaches based on user needs;
- Ensure ongoing, open and clear communication integrated across arange of digital channels, complemented by other activity as appropriate;
- Identify and commission the creation of digital products such as blogs, video, images etc.
- Source, write and edit content working alongside the communications team.