Games Editor, Playstation UK Magazine
The Games Editor position on Official PlayStation UK Magazine is critical to the magazine’s success. Working closely with the magazine’s Editor, you’ll be the tasked with ensuring the magazine runs smoothly, meets deadlines, and creates unique and engaging content.
The right person will be a current Staff Writer or a Section Editor looking to take the next step in your career.
You’ll have a deep knowledge of the videogame industry, and PlayStation heritage, as well as a passion for discovering new, exciting games and championing their success. You’ll have a critical eye and be able to express opinions in a clear but fun and appealing way.
Key to the role is managing the magazine’s team of external writers and building contacts within the industry. You’ll need to create excellent communication in briefs and commissions, and have a strict control of deadlines and budgets.
As Games Editor you’ll have a strong voice on the magazine and be expected to help plan and execute inventive features, edit, check and send final pages at deadline. You’ll do all of this as well as writing sparkling copy, planning the magazine’s reviews section, and commissioning writers.
You’ll have at least one years experience in magazines or online, preferably within videogames or consumer focused entertainment journalism. You’ll have an understanding of magazine practices and software, including InDesign and Photoshop. The perfect candidate will be outgoing, be able to demonstrate new ideas, creativity and lead a team.
Key role responsibilities
- Check content quality
- Write content for the magazine
- Have a knowledge and passion for videogames
- Contributor to budget control
- Workflow management
- Experience of proofreading and quality control
Ideal skills and experience
- Experience planning and writing a magazine or website’s content
- Experience working with designers and writers to create finished, published articles
- Experience managing commissions from end to end
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience representing company / magazine brands at industry events
- Experience meeting with PRs