Junior Copywriter, Imagine
At Immediate we love creative people who are passionate about what they do. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Copywriter to sit within our Imagine creative studio, working alongside other creative minds to produce brilliant ideas and industry-leading work.
You’ll be responsible for writing compelling copy for a broad client base across the entire Immediate portfolio. Among our titles are Radio Times, Olive, BBC Top Gear, Lonely Planet Traveller, and their clients include some of the world’s biggest and most recognisable brands.
- You will work collaboratively with designers, sales teams and editorial across print and digital platforms to produce exciting content that satisfies both client and editorial demands. This will include advertorials, native articles and other commercial copy.
- You’ll also be involved in conceiving and developing ideas for multiplatform content.
- The role will involve all aspects of a creative copywriting role – writing short, snappy copy that immediately grabs the reader’s attention as well as longer, more in-depth articles; helping to fine-tune copy for presentations; internal and external meetings; development of creative ideas; and more.
- You will ensure projects are delivered to deadline, liaising with editorial and sales departments to balance a client’s wishlist with house style, and execute client and editorial amendments.
- You will also be required to edit the work of others when necessary.
- You will need a proven track record in producing successful copy in an advertising or editorial environment as well as having superb communication skills and being comfortable presenting your ideas.
- You should be able to make collaborative relationships and show that you value feedback and are willing to learn from others, plus a good understanding of what it takes to write for digital media, including a basic knowledge of SEO best practice.
- A knowledge or experience of native advertising is a bonus.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate basic editing skills and an ability to write fresh and creative heads and sells.
- An ability to interpret and respond to a brief is required and you will need to show that one of your strengths is conceptual innovation and creative thinking.
- Proof-reading skills and attention to detail are musts.
- You will be proficient in Word and experience working with InDesign is desirable.
- You will also be flexible and able to switch your tone and language to suit the house style of the title you are working on.