Marketing and Communications Intern
at London Sport
The purpose of the role is to develop the post holder’s skill sets in marketing and communications and to provide the opportunity to put their academic experience into practice within the sports industry. The role will support the Head of Marketing and wider External Relations team with communicating about London Sport and the work of its partners and sector.
Main activities and responsibilities:
1. To support the delivery of high quality publications, marketing materials and digital communications as key components of the London Sport strategy.
2. To undertake specific digital communication projects and drive their implementation across the business, with a particular focus on social media.
3. To act as the first point of contact for marketing and communications enquiries to London Sport and respond or refer as appropriate.
4. To take, produce and distribute minutes from meetings.
5. To support the further development and maintenance of London Sport’s social media accounts and to proactively suggest innovative ways to maximise these channels.
6. To support press and media related activity in line with London Sport’s strategy.
7. To maintain electronic and paper records, files and databases for the team and for collecting and reporting monitoring and evaluation data.
8. To support the Head of Marketing and Head of Corporate Communications.
9. To attend training and development opportunities relevant to the post and/or self-development objectives.
10. To ensure self-development of skills and knowledge as required by the role.
11. To continually seek best practice and strive to identify and implement service improvement.
12. To support the successful delivery of London Sport events, with a focus on the marketing and communication of them.
13. To support the management of London Sport’s brand, and associated brands.
14. To undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Marketing, Head of Corporate Communications, all Directors and the Chief Executive Officer.