at Maritime and Coastguard Agency
Do you want to use your marketing skills to save lives?
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency’s marketing team is part of the Agency’s Communications Branch which manages the MCA’s external and internal communications activities, including its corporate identity and online presence. The marketing team plans and delivers marketing campaigns and activities, including events, publications and digital projects. Our marketing work is predominantly focused on improving safety on the coast and at sea, both among recreational water users and within industry. We also support the work to grow the UK maritime economy through our survey and inspection work and the UK Ship Register.
As the Marketing Coordinator you will work within a friendly team, supported by more senior staff. Your work will be very varied – from organising events, to proof reading for a publication to evaluating digital engagement levels. Most of your time will be office-based although sometimes you’ll be out and about meeting stakeholders, dealing with the logistics for shows or collecting customer insight.
- coordinating and delivering safety campaigns and events, supported by the senior members of the marketing team
- developing and clearing engaging content for use across MCA’s digital channels (currently internal intranet, Twitter, YouTube, FaceBook, LinkedIn)
- developing positive relationships with MCA staff and Coastguards to ensure their needs are understood and reflected in marketing activities
- providing marketing guidance for colleagues
- organising the printing of publications, monitoring stock levels and managing day-to-day liaison with the fulfilment contractor
- collecting insight on campaign target audiences to help with planning effective campaigns
- evaluating live campaign metrics such as digital engagement levels, numbers of target audience reached etc
- supporting a consistent MCA corporate identity including sub brands of HM Coastguard and UK Ship Register