Media and Communications Officer
at Aston Villa Foundation
An exciting new role has arisen working across departments within Aston Villa Foundation and Aston Villa Football Club.
The Media and Communications Officer will lead on all Aston Villa Foundation (AVF), Aston Villa Football Development and Aston Villa Ladies (AVLFC) marketing, communications and multi-media, to advance the profile and reputation of these departments.
This is a very exciting and multi-faceted role, which will require the Media and Communications Officer to be pro-active, innovative and work across several departments to oversee and produce media content which will be used across digital, print and social media channels.
- Develop and execute media and communication campaigns for all Foundation events, to maximise exposure for the Foundation’s work
- Lead the marketing, communications and impact of AVFCs corporate social responsibility strategy ‘Supporting Our Own’
- Write and implement annual media and communications plan, ensuring that all the Foundations strands of work are aligned to raise the organisation’s profile
- Film content for Foundation projects. Working in both single and multi-camera operational conditions, you will be asked to combine your knowledge of technology with creative visual skills.
- Work with department managers to create engaging and innovative ways to promote impact of programmes
- Attendance at all Aston Villa Ladies home games (during evenings and weekends), to oversee all media responsibilities including liaising with opposition media and WSL media representatives
- Provide pre-match build-up and full match commentary on social media
- Write AVLFC match reports to be used across AVFC, AVLFC and WSL media channels
- Experience of working within a Sport and/or Charity environment
- Recognised media and/ or journalism qualification
- Keen interest in photography and videography
- Knowledge of both community and professional sports environment