Print Production Assistant (Part Time)
The Telegraph are in need of a Newspaper Print Production Assistant to work on part time basis (20 hours a week, half shift a day, Monday to Friday 18:30 to 22:30 – although you may be required to work other days/times if required).
The role is working within Edition Control in The Telegraph Production department, responsible for facilitating efficient production of our products, providing production and system support to the Editorial floor, as well as monitoring production and foreseeing issues.
The role will be focusing specifically on Editorial, as opposed to Design or other associated departments, and will also not involve any exposure to digital media.
The Production Assistant must be a people person able to work as part of well-functioning team, with good organisation and strong attention to detail. A keen interest in technology with the ability to learn fast in this area is also essential, and a passion for newspaper publishing will certainly help.
An immediate start would be preferred.
- User support – Helping editorial production users understand and resolve system problems.
- Production support – There are a number of production tasks each day, mainly aimed at anticipating problems in good time. One such task is to facilitate the efficient production of the European edition.
- Transmission support – Helping the Transmission Manager deliver the correct pages to the correct press sites.
- Reporting – Writing clear reports on the night’s production.
- Helping to test new software.
Required Skills and Experience
- An Editorial production background would be advantageous, alongside an understanding of how press sites work.
- Experience with Adobe products – InDesign and InCopy both advantageous, as well as user systems support experience.
- A willingness to work night shifts is a requirement. This is not a day job.