Sky News Journalism Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice on this two year programme, you’ll be part of the whole editorial process. From news gathering to researching stories, through to booking guests and writing scripts. Gaining insight into one of the world’s leading news organisations, you’ll learn how we deliver news across all our platforms – on TV, mobile phones, on social media and to commercial radio stations.
- In the first year, you’ll spend your first three months at college as you work towards achieving your qualification; attending our offices when required to support your training.
- When the course is completed, you’ll spend time across departments within Sky News. This will include spending time with Reporters, Producers, Camera Crews, Gallery staff and Researchers and eventually work across all areas of our output – TV, mobile, radio and social media.
- In the second year, we’ll help you select an area to start specialising in.
Please note: When working within the team you’ll work with a wide range of Sky content, some of which is not suitable for under 18s. As a responsible employer and broadcaster, we therefore cannot accept applications from people who wouldn’t have reached the age of 18 by 10th September 2018.
- A passion for news content and current affairs.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and pick things up quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A*-C (including English and Maths plus a minimum grade B in English Language). In addition, a minimum of two A-Levels grades A* – C, or a BTEC Diploma (merit or distinction) in a relevant subject.