Social Media Editor
The Social Media Editor will ensuring that the news room gain the necessary insight to create stories that move with online trends, and ensure that these are distributed properly on social channels.
- Editing and maintaining the Telegraph’s main social media feeds to a high standard.
- Real time recommendations on what content to produce to maximise social traffic and engagement.
- Attending daily editorial conferences and weekly planning meetings to develop ideas and content plans with other desks.
- Helping the team promote the use of social media across the newsroom, working closely with journalists to help develop and implement ideas and offer support.
- Covering live events and breaking news on social media.
- Monitoring and researching social media and search trends and emerging platforms/tools/channels.
The Social Media team works on early, day and late shifts across a 7 day rota.
Specific requirements & skills
- Has worked in a search or social media role with a good understanding of content production.
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices and industry-leading accounts – and a love of the internet and how and why people share the stories they do.
- Good working knowledge of SEO and how to optimise stories to trends.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative.
- The ability to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent and clear communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintain flawless accuracy.